What are Right Teamwork Attitudes and Behaviors?
Choosing the right attitudes and behaviors for building exceptional teamwork is what the The model is a teaching aid that helps your team choose a set of unique, “right” teamwork attitudes and behaviors. More will help you achieve.
Right Choice is a marvelous teaching aid. It helps you choose your team’s right teamwork attitudes and behaviors.
Use the model to adapt or adopt the 30 behaviors in your team to develop consistent teammate commitment and cooperation.
In this Team Building News Article…
- learn when and how to choose your teamwork behaviors
- understand how your team will benefit from living the teamwork behavioral examples
- watch videos about the model and how to present it
- read what others are saying about the model and the teamwork behaviors
- understand that choosing the right teamwork behaviors will help your team build exceptional teamwork in over a dozen work situations and finally
- learn how to create your team’s right behaviors by downloading and applying the steps mapped out in the book.
When and How Does Your Team Choose Your Right Teamwork Attitudes and Behaviors?
Right Choice is presented and discussed in one of your team meetings or a team-building workshop.
This model is the first step in a team commitment exercise. This commitment will help your team achieve Right-Minded Teamwork.
How Will Choosing Right Teamwork Attitudes and Behaviors Benefit Your Team?
When you agree on your positive teamwork behaviors, teammates will make the right choices. Afterward, when teammates follow those values and practices, your team will more likely meet or exceed your customer’s expectations. The conclusion is…
Your customer benefits. You and your teammates benefit.
Right-Minded Teamwork is a business-oriented plus a psychological approach to team building where acceptance, forgiveness, and adjustment [read Right Choice] are teammate characteristics, and customer satisfaction is the team’s result.
Listen to Dan present the model
See what others are saying about Choosing Right Teamwork Attitudes and Behaviors
I actually have that card pinned with magnets to my file cabinet and I too refer to it routinely, to coach myself and others in difficult situations. It has helped us to create a positive attitude in our teamwork.
Dave JensonSr. Team Leader
I have a Choice Model poster in my office and a card in my wallet that I use frequently when managing conflict and providing coaching to others. It is a valuable tool that has made my job and personal life easier at times.
Danny BoydSr. Team Leader
I’m looking at a Choice Model poster in my office as I type this note and appreciate you bringing this into my career and personal life. I don’t think a day goes by that I don’t think about this model or share the principle of this model with someone.
Jacob GrosSr. Team Leader
I have been inspired and enjoyed using your Right Choice Model in most of my workshops since 2005 and found it very useful. For Team Building activities Right Choice is most definitely highly recommended.
Teca PedroLearning & Development Manager
I’ve used the Choice Model for 20+ years and I still live by the process today in my professional and personal life. It’s a great way to kick start a new team or invigorate a seasoned one.
Ken McCallSr. Team Leader
I can tell you without a doubt that my team and I use the right choice model all we can and we LOVE it!! Our team has really grown and achieved a lot through the program and we continue each week in our meetings to utilize what you have taught us.
Cindy ThomasTeam Leader
Applications for Choosing Right Teamwork Attitudes and Behaviors
The Right Choice model will help your teammates choose the right teamwork behaviors for building exceptional teamwork in these situations.
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Safety Moments – present Choice at the beginning of team meetings.
- Safety Training – use Choice to teach an accountable HES mindset and to validate your current HES training programs and protocols.
- After-Action Reviews – when studying an HES incident, use the Choice Model at the beginning of your meeting to ensure teammates have a solution attitude versus a blaming attitude.
- Leadership Development – teach Choice and agree upon emotionally intelligent leadership behavior.
- Leadership Team Building – use Choice to improve the overall effectiveness of every leadership team. This will be achieved in part by leaders choosing their right teamwork attitudes and behaviors and then following them.
- Customer Surveys – Choice will ensure teammates are in the right mindset to accept and respond to positive and negative survey results.
- Customer Satisfaction Vision – use Choice to map out how teammates will deliver their customer’s expectations.
- Diversity Training or Team Building – use Choice to create the right ‘diversity’ teamwork attitudes and behaviors that everyone agrees to live and follow.
- Cultural Awareness – use Choice to increase teammate awareness of the different perceptions of what accountable or victim behaviors are.
Agile & Lean Sigma
- Agile / Lean Sigma Training – use Choice to create the right mindset for the Lean Sigma process so that participants don’t take things personally.
- Problem Solving, Process Improvement – use Choice in all your total-quality type programs to set up the right teammate mindset.
- For Any Change Initiative – when you deploy any change such as going live with a new ERP system or a new HR program, use Choice when you roll out the information because it will create the right mindset for embracing the change.
- Change Management Facilitators – train facilitators and leaders in how to use Choice so that their change management plan and application go smoothly by ensuring teammates choose the right teamwork attitudes and behaviors.
- Multicultural Awareness – use Choice to increase teammate’s willingness to understand and embrace the different cultural perceptions and drivers of all teammates.
- Team Building – use Choice to establish a common understanding of what emotionally intelligent and accountable work behavior is and is not in their team. This is truly a wonderful application where teammates choose their right teamwork attitudes and behaviors.
- Communication Training – use Choice to teach what the content and style are of the victim, the victimizer, and the right-minded accountable person.
- Team Building – use Choice to set the right mindset for teammates to discuss and agree on how they will improve their team communications going forward.
- Training – use Choice to establish a common understanding of what teammate trust is and is not along with their associated teamwork behaviors.
- Team Building – use Choice to set the right mindset for teammates to discuss and agree on how they will improve their teammate’s trust going forward.
Alliance Partnerships / Multi-Company Project Teams
- Alignment Workshops – use Choice in your kick-off or first working meeting to set the right mindset for ensuring everyone in the team is ‘aligned’ on a common vision, mission and set of work values.
- Team Building – use Choice in ongoing team building workshops to sustain the right mindset you established in the alignment workshop.
- Conflict Resolution – when conflicts happen, use the Choice Model at the beginning of the resolution meeting to ensure everyone will look for solutions versus blaming.
Individual Effectiveness & Coaching
- Performance Management Plans – use Choice to establish the right mindset between employee and supervisor.
- Coaching – use Choice to help explain what accountable and victim behaviors are as well as which behaviors are acceptable and not acceptable going forward.
- Individual Intervention – use Choice to set up the context for giving the individual evidence of their inappropriate behavior.
- Team Building – use Choice to set the right mindset for teammates to discuss and agree on just what is appropriate and inappropriate teamwork behavior.
- Training – use Choice to show that accountable attitudes and behaviors create effective meetings.
- Team Building – use Choice to set the right mindset for teammates to discuss and agree on how they will improve their team meeting effectiveness.
Think about this. If you do not create Right-Minded Teamwork behaviors for your team, you will never reach your full potential.
The cost and benefits are clear.
Choose your team’s Right-Minded Teamwork attitudes and behaviors, and you and your customer will benefit.
Get the book and start applying this real-world team-building method today.
To Your Success,