What are Right Teamwork Attitudes and Behaviors?
Choosing the right teamwork attitudes and behaviors for building exceptional teamwork is what the Right Choice model will help you achieve.
Right Choice is a marvelous teaching aid. Therefore, it enables you to choose your team’s right teamwork attitudes and behaviors. Use the model, and you will develop team commitment and cooperation.
In the Leader’s Guide, you will find over 20 teamwork attitudes and behaviors you can adapt and adopt.
When and How Does Your Team Choose Your Right Teamwork Attitudes and Behaviors?
Right Choice is presented and discussed in one of your team meetings or a team building workshop. This model is the first step in a team commitment exercise. This commitment will help your team achieve Right-Minded Teamwork.
How Will Right Teamwork Attitudes and Behaviors Benefit Your Team?
When teammates make the right choices, you agree on your positive teamwork behaviors. Afterward, when teammates follow those values and practices, your team will more likely meet or exceed your customer’s expectations. The conclusion is…
They benefit. You benefit.
Right-Minded Teamwork is a business-oriented plus a psychological approach to team building where acceptance, forgiveness, and adjustment [read Right Choice] are teammate characteristics, and customer satisfaction is the team’s result.
Listen to Dan present the model
What Will You Receive When You Buy Right Choice Package?
A Comprehensive Guide
Everything you need to present and apply the Right Choice model to create Right-Minded Teamwork is in this guide. Here you will find a team commitment exercise that will help teammates create work agreements that spell out how to show commitment to other teammates. Those commitments will help move your team closer to the primary business goal of achieving 100% customer satisfaction.
Printable Right Choice Cards
You will receive two pdf templates in this package. There are 6 cards per page, both front, and back that will print correctly on Avery Cards.
Give cards to all your teammates. The concepts presented in the cards will help your team choose its teamwork attitudes and behaviors.
You will also receive another pdf that will print an 8″x 11″ Right Choice Model.
Print the list of over 20 Right-Minded Attitudes & Behaviors, give to your teammates, and choose the right ones to adopt and adapt in your team.
The importance of high-performance teamwork in the workplace cannot be understated. It’s critical to your team’s and your organization’s success.
And choosing the right teamwork attitudes and behaviors is a key step in achieving that goal.
I used the Right Choice Model for 25 years in over 500 teams around the world. It helped so many teams. See the testimonials below.
I have more methods, tools, tips to share with you.
When you purchase the Right Choice Package, you will automatically be signed up. You can opt-out at any time.
See what others are saying about Right Choice
I actually have that card pinned with magnets to my file cabinet and I too refer to it routinely, to coach myself and others in difficult situations. It has helped us to create a positive attitude in our teamwork. Dave Jenson, Leader
I have a Choice Model poster in my office and a card in my wallet that I use frequently when managing conflict and providing coaching to others. It is a valuable tool that has made my job and personal life easier at times. Danny Boyd, Leader
I’m looking at a Choice Model poster in my office as I type this note and appreciate you bringing this into my career and personal life. I don’t think a day goes by that I don’t think about this model or share the principle of this model with someone. Jacob Gros, Leader
I have been inspired and enjoy using your Right Choice Model in most of my workshops since 2005 and found it very useful. Teca Pedro, Consultant
I’ve used the Choice Model for 20+ years and I still live by the process today in my professional and personal life. It’s a great way to kick start a new team or invigorate a seasoned one. Ken McCall, Leader
I can tell you without a doubt that my team and I use the right choice model all we can and we LOVE it!! Our team has really grown and achieved a lot through the program. Cindy Thomas, Leader
Applications for Right-Minded Choice
Use the Right Choice model to help your teammates choose the right attitudes and behaviors in these situations.
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Safety Moments – present Choice at the beginning of team meetings.
- Safety Training – use Choice to teach an accountable HES mindset and to validate your current HES training programs and protocols.
- After-Action Reviews – when studying an HES incident, use the Choice Model at the beginning of your meeting to ensure teammates have a solution attitude versus a blaming attitude.
- Development – teach Choice and agree upon emotionally intelligent leadership behavior.
- Leadership Team Building – use Choice to improve the overall effectiveness of every leadership team. This will be achieved in part by leaders choosing their right teamwork attitudes and behaviors and then following them.
- Surveys – Choice will ensure teammates are in the right mindset to accept and respond to positive and negative survey results.
- Customer Satisfaction Vision – use Choice to map out how teammates will deliver their customer’s expectations.
- Diversity Training or Team Building – use Choice to create the right ‘diversity’ teamwork attitudes and behaviors that everyone agrees to live and follow.
- Cultural Awareness – use Choice to increase teammate awareness of the different perceptions of what accountable or victim behaviors are.
Agile & Lean Sigma
- Training – use Choice to create the right mindset for the process so that participants don’t take things personally.
- Problem Solving, Process Improvement – use Choice in all your total-quality type programs to set up the right teammate mindset.
- For Any Change Initiative – when you deploy any change such as going live with a new ERP system or a new HR program, use Choice when you roll out the information because it will create the right mindset for embracing the change.
- Facilitators – train facilitators and leaders in how to use Choice. It will ensure their change management plan goes smoothly by because teammates choose the right teamwork attitudes and behaviors.
- Multicultural Awareness – use Choice to increase teammate’s willingness to understand and embrace the different cultural perceptions and drivers of all teammates.
- Team Building – Choice will establish a common understanding of what accountable work behavior is and is not in their team. This is truly a wonderful application where teammates choose their right teamwork attitudes and behaviors.
- Communication Training – use Choice to teach what the content and style are of the victim, the victimizer, and the right-minded accountable person.
- Team Building – use Choice to set the right mindset for teammates to discuss and agree on how they will improve their team communications going forward.
- Training – use Choice to establish a common understanding of what teammate trust is and is not along with their associated teamwork behaviors.
- Team Building – use Choice to set the right mindset to discuss and agree on how to improve trust.
Alliance Partnerships / Multi-Company Project Teams
- Alignment Workshops – use Choice in your kick-off or first working meeting to set the right mindset for ensuring everyone in the team is ‘aligned’ on a common vision, mission, and set of work values.
- Team Building – use Choice in ongoing team building workshops to sustain the right mindset you established in the alignment workshop.
- Conflict Resolution – when conflicts happen, use the Choice Model at the beginning of the resolution meeting. It will ensure everyone will look for solutions versus blaming.
Individual Effectiveness & Coaching
- Performance Management Plans– use Choice to establish the right mindset between employee and supervisor.
- Coaching – use Choice to help explain what accountable and victim behaviors are as well as which behaviors are acceptable and not acceptable going forward.
- Individual Intervention – use Choice to set up the context for giving the individual evidence of their inappropriate behavior.
- Team Building – use Choice to set the right mindset for teammates to discuss and agree on just what is appropriate and inappropriate teamwork behavior.
- Training – use Choice to show that accountable attitudes and behaviors create effective meetings.
- Team Building – use Choice to set the right mindset to discuss and agree on how to improve their meetings.