A Quick Start Implementation Plan
Start your Right-Minded Teamwork journey without having to study all 8 RMT books.
Conduct your 1st team-building workshop. At its end, agree on “what” your team will address in your 2nd workshop plus set the date.
Hi Dan. Just conducted your Work Agreement workshop. Went great, and passed the info along to other coaches I know. … they [now have] a wonderful common language and could follow your decision-making model to determine how best to handle similar situations in the future. Thanks for the material! Vickie – Team Coach
Quick Start Steps
1. Identify a teamwork issue that needs addressing, improving, or correcting.
2. In the 1st workshop, all teammates …
- Discuss and define the issue and when everyone agrees on what the problem actually is,
- Teammates discuss and agree on solutions that result in team A Work Agreement is a collective teammate promise to transform non-productive, adversarial behavior into collaborative teamwork behavior. More
- Tracking progress
- Make needed adjustments along the way and then
- Measure the team’s improvement results
4. Repeat steps 1-3
- Conduct your 2nd workshop
- Facilitate a team-building workshop every 2-3 months
Your team will experience a boost in productivity and motivation from the first workshop alone which builds positive expectations for the second Right-Minded Teamwork workshop.
Standard Implementation Plan
Orientation + Three Workshops + 90-Day Operating System
Standard Implementation Steps
There is no one right way to implement RMT. However, this plan has proven effective countless times. Combining orientation, three team-building workshops, and a 90-day RMT’s Team Operating System is a six-step, 90-day, continuous improvement system that organizes team functions to increase the likelihood of achieving customer satisfaction. More will ensure you succeed in creating a team that works together as one. Here is a high-level view of the five steps or phases of RMT’s 5 Elements Implementation Plan:
- Team Orientation Meeting & Workshop Preparation
- The team leader & facilitator prepare for team orientation
- Conduct a short orientation meeting and assign teammate preparation tasks
- Identify team A team’s psychological goals describe how teammates intentionally choose to think and behave as they work together to achieve their team’s business goals. More and values (Element #2)
- Create at least one team Work Agreement (Element #3)
- Identify one to two improvement projects for the next 90 days
- Second Workshop – Operating System
- Reset and reaffirm business goals (Element #1) and agree on the Team Operating System (Element #4) by conducting a Team Performance Factor Assessment.
- Third Workshop – Teammates
- Conduct a Right-Minded Teammate development workshop (Element #5)
- 90-Day Operating Plan – Ongoing
- Every 90 days, conduct another Team Performance Factor Assessment. The team meets to assess progress, identify opportunities, then act to achieve new teamwork improvements.
Download these implementation plans and get started creating Right-Minded Teamwork in your team, today!