Successful Meetings Include These Top 10 To-Do’s
After three decades of team building facilitation with over 500 teams in seven countries, these are my, Dan Hogan’s, Top 10 list of facilitation To-Do’s.
Use these top 10 to-do’s to facilitate your team meetings. Give this list to your teammates, too.
Here is what the top 2 on the list looks like. It’s a nice two-page poster you can put on your wall or in your planning file.
Use the top 10 to-do’s to facilitate a successful team building meeting.
- Purpose – the big picture
- Desired Outcomes – what you have at the end of the meeting
- Agenda – plan for achieving the outcomes
- Attendees – teammates who have the answers
- Decision Making – who and how the team decides
- Conduct – effective teammate meeting behavior
- Roles – clarify teammates and leaders
- Facilitator – clarify their responsibility
- Closure – how we wrap up the meeting
- Accountability – define our responsibility after the meeting