Use These Top 10 To-Do’s to Facilitate a Successful Team Building Meeting.
Successful Meetings Include These Top 10 To-Do’s
After three decades of team-building facilitation with over 500 teams in seven countries, these are my, Dan Hogan’s, Top 10 list of facilitation To-Do’s.
Use these top 10 to-do’s to facilitate your team meetings. Give this list to your teammates, too.
Here is what the top 2 on the list look like. It’s a nice two-page poster you can put on your wall or in your planning file.
Use the top 10 to-do’s to facilitate a successful team-building meeting.
- Purpose – the big picture
- Desired Outcomes – what you have at the end of the meeting
- Agenda – plan for achieving the outcomes
- Attendees – teammates who have the answers
- Decision Making – who and how the team decides
- Conduct – effective teammate meeting behavior
- Roles – clarify teammates and leaders
- Facilitator – clarify their responsibility
- Closure – how we wrap up the meeting
- Accountability – define our responsibility after the meeting
More — Facilitating Team Building Workshops Resources
While you’re at it, download our Free eBook – Reason, Ego & the Right-Minded Teamwork Myth: The Philosophy and Process for Creating a Right-Minded Team That Works as One.
This book teaches two significant Right-Minded Teamwork (RMT) concepts:
- The RMT Myth, a short tale that presents the underlying teamwork philosophy, and
- The RMT team-building process.
The RMT Myth is a short, simple story. It follows three characters: Reason, Ego, and you, the Decision-Maker. The myth illustrates the Right-Minded Teamwork philosophy, sort of like an aspirational thought system. The RMT process is a set of interconnected, team-building methods that together form a self-perpetuating, continuous improvement system.