Team Games versus Real-World Team-Building
Have you ever been to a team event and found yourself blindfolded spinning in circles or playing “Egg Drop” with your team and wondered what in the world was THIS accomplishing?
You thought, “How could this be a real team-building workshop?”
Well, the answer is: it accomplished nothing.
Games Do Not Build Teams
Playing team games or attending team social events will not build teamwork. It is silly and simply childish to think so. It is “pretend.”
They are called pretend because the people who support and carry out these activities have sincerely convinced themselves that their team’s performance would somehow improve if teammates played a game or attended a social.
Folks, that is pretend.
Do not misunderstand me; these are very good people, and their heart is in the right place. I love them dearly because they have stepped up to the plate to do their part to help their team. At their core, they’re not wrong.
They are only temporally out of their right mind with respect to effective team-building practices.
That’s why you and I need to show them a better way.
Use This Real-World Team-Building Process Instead
The better way is simply this.
Design your next team-building workshop in a real-world way or what we call the Right-Minded Teamwork way.
So how do I design a real-world team-building workshop, you ask? I have an answer.
Apply This: Online Training Course, EBook – 362 pages, Plus Reusable Resources
We have packed my three decades of practical, in-the-field experience into the Package that is ready for you right now.
How to Design a Right-Minded Team Building Workshop is a comprehensive, yet easy-to-follow 12-step design process that will help you create a Right-Minded custom team building workshop agenda that will do exactly what you need: address and resolve your team’s real issues.
Click the 12 Step Graphic. Take a closer look.
When you purchase this package here at RightMindedTeamwork.com, you will be automatically enrolled our the online training class.
After you sign up, the first three lessons will come over the next three days. All three are important, but step #3 “What the leader wants may not be what the team needs” will get you pointed in the right-minded direction.
The remaining lessons will arrive systematically over the next 5 weeks.
And if you can’t wait, all lessons are immediately available.
This package contains these downloadable files:
- Ebook: PDF, 362 pages – Design RMT Workshop 12 Steps
- PDF: 66 pages, Design RMT Workshop 12 Steps – Resources
- Word Document: 18 pages, Design RMT Workshop 12 Steps – Reusable Resources
- PDF: Ebook – In this short story, we will meet three characters: Reason, Ego and the Decision-Maker. Each plays a key role in creating or destroying teamwork. More
- Enrollment: You will be automatically enrolled in the 12 Steps online training class delivered to your inbox
This package includes this content:
- Private, unlimited access to an online training class with over two hours of audio instruction
- A detailed review of key concepts from Certified Master Facilitator and author Dan Hogan, who brings decades worth of real-world, team-building facilitation experience in over 500 teams in seven countries
- A resource document with reusable templates, checklists, 3 valuable team-building exercises, and a team survey you can use and reuse
- Expert tips to ensure you feel supported and sure as you successfully apply every single step
Here is what three right-minded folks had to say about this course.
Roger Baker, former Anaheim Police Chief said…
“This course provided me with a rational, structured approach to identifying and achieving the true goals of a team-building workshop.”
Lydia Cole, Training Coordinator, and Capability Builder, at Ultra Electronics, said
“If I had to summarize the greatest benefit received, I would have to say awareness. It gave me an awareness of tools and processes to use to ensure I design the best possible workshops, that the participants know they have input to the design because they’ve been interviewed, that the desired outcomes are addressing the true root cause of whatever issues there are, and that the leader requesting the workshop is aligned to those desired outcomes.”
Devendra Gabhawala, Lead-Learning & Development at Enercon India Ltd
“All steps you gave are practical and implementable. I am grateful to you for providing such an invaluable training.”
Get Started, Today
I have designed and facilitated hundreds of custom team-building workshops in the United States and around the world. And frankly, I feel like I have heard almost every pretend team-building story out there.
But I assure you, after thousands of teammate conversations, I am convinced that …. you, yes YOU and your teammates, genuinely want a team-building workshop that directly addresses your real team issues.
You simply do not want pretend workshops.
When you finish this training:
- Your team building skills will improve
- You will have happy and satisfied customers and
- Your teammates will thank you because you designed and facilitated a wildly successful team building workshop!
We would love to send this 12 Step Course in How to Design a Right-Minded Team Building Workshop, so you can use it right away.
To Your Success, Dan
image by www.kelebek.gen.tr