Creating and striving for your team’s Psychological Goal will ensure teammate behavior is aligned with and supportive of the your team’s primary Business Goal which is customer satisfaction.
This is about teammate’s individual and collective willingness to look at how they think. When you do this, it will become easier to respond to difficult team situations by accepting your part, forgiving yourself and others, and then adjusting work behaviors to achieve 100% customer satisfaction.
This Psychological Goal is the second element of Right-Minded Teamwork. To establish this team goal you can look inside your organization for guidance.
For example, your organization’s values or ethics or diversity programs are rich with content you can use. You can also use the Right-Minded Choice model to help identify accountable teamwork attitudes and behaviors.
Right-Minded Teamwork is a business oriented plus a psychological approach to team building where acceptance, forgiveness and adjustment are teammate characteristics and customer satisfaction is the team’s result.
Right-Minded Teamwork Framework includes…
2 Goals + 3 Methods = 100% Team Customer Satisfaction
1. Business Goal = Achieve 100% Team Customer Satisfaction
2. Psychological Goal = Achieve Emotionally-Intelligent & High-Performing Teammate Work Behavior
3. Work Agreements = Live Commitments
4. Team Operating System = Effective & Efficient Organization
5. Psychological Goal = Strengthen Individual Performance