The Right-Minded Teamwork team operating system is a six-step continuous-improvement process that contains all the functions for conducting team business. A team operating system organizes your processes and procedures to ensure you achieve your customer satisfaction vision.
It is a dual-track process that 1) produces consistent learning while 2) accomplishing real team work! It’s action-oriented plus a business-improvement, learn-by-doing model.
This process improves skills, increases retention and produces more results because people immediately apply new concepts to their real work situations. This process works in single or multiple-team applications.
It’s easily customized to link with and support other human resource development initiatives.
If applied as an enterprise-wide solution, it ensures all teams are in alignment with the organization’s Strategic Plan.
Guiding Principles of this Operating System
- Business & Relationship-based – this is a customized system that improves a team’s and/or the enterprise’s business processes and interpersonal dynamics which ultimately improves P&L.
- Knowledge & Experience Capital – the “team” is the organization’s principle depository for capturing, creating, advancing and disseminating valuable knowledge and experience; therefore, each team must build an open vault for this information and link it to the organization’s enterprise-wide knowledge capital web site.
- Choice-driven – this process surfaces the conscious and unconscious choices a team makes and how those choices, which are the precursors to behavior, are either helping or hindering individual and team performance. When teammates understand how they have made choices in the past which have led to their present consequences, they are in a position to make new and better choices for their future. To clarify the difference between accountable and victim behavior, see Right-Minded Choice User Page on the RightMindedTeamwork.com website.
- Enterprise-wide or Single Team – improvement solutions are designed for either single team situations or enterprise-wide solutions. For more information see Enterprise Teamwork on the RightMindedTeamwork.com website.
- Self-funding – The time, energy and money a team or an enterprise saves or creates as a result of using Right-Minded Teamwork system more than pays for its cost.