Strictly speaking, there is no perfect way to facilitate an agreement dialogue, but after three decades of using this tool with thousands of teammates in seven countries, there are key principles and they follow this 10-step process 99% of the time.
In this ebook, you will find all the detail you need to become a masterful Work Agreement facilitator. I promise.
Here are the 10 steps.
Preparing teammates BEFORE the workshop
1. Choose first teamwork topic to address that will result in Work Agreement.
2. Determine the topic’s Desired Outcome.
3. Design an opening question to kick off the workshop dialogue.
Facilitating teammates DURING the workshop
4. When the time is right, ask the opening question.
5. Capture legitimate behavioral answers on a flip chart.
6. Write and propose an intention statement.
7. After a short dialogue, ask teammates if they agree to live the intention.
8. Write clarifications and/or conditions.
9. Create an interlocking accountability.
10. After agreement acceptance, celebrate and move on to resolve next teamwork topic.