In today’s fast-paced business world, too much time, energy and effort is wasted in poorly planned and/or facilitated meetings. This class successfully addresses those issues by teaching participants proven techniques and strategies for how to:
- facilitate and
- follow-through on effective team and/or improvement project meetings.
- Learn how to thoroughly plan and facilitate a meeting.
- Understand how individual and group “choice” affects communication, meeting and follow-through effectiveness.
- Practice facilitating and participating in mini-meeting sessions that address and resolve real work issues.
- Learn when and how to appropriately use reflective listening and other communication tools to strengthen peer, team and personal relationships.
- Learn ways to respond to others that open-up rather than close down the flow of information.
- Learn how to give effective feedback.
- Learn methods for handling emotionally charged conflicts.
- Develop a meeting plan for your next meeting.
- Identify your meeting’s key stakeholders and their needs.
- Learn group decision-making strategies and fall-back plans.
- Learn and practice facilitation tools and behaviors to keep the meeting focused and on track.
- Learn strategies for closing the meeting and creating accountability for action item follow-through.