Right Minded Teamwork
Teamwork Tools, Tips & Exercises
Right-Minded Teammates are consistently looking for ways to improve their communication skill. Here are some of their best communication recipes.
Add to Cart to Download Article
1. What data are you using to reach that conclusion…?
2. What’s leading you to make that conclusion…?
3. Why do you say that…”
4. Where does your reasoning go next?
5. The reason I’m asking you about your assumptions is…..
6. How would your idea impact ……?
7. What would this mean to …..?
8. Can you give me an example….?
9. So, what I’m hearing you say is …… Do I understand you correctly?
1. Tell me again how you came to believe this point of view.
2. Are you using any data that I may not have considered?
3. Am I understanding you correctly that you’re saying…..?
4. Have you thought about/considered/looked into…..?”
5. When you say “X”, I worry that it means…..
6. I’m having difficulty with “Y”, because of this reasoning….
1. What do we know for a fact?
· What do we think is true, but don’t have any data for yet?
· Are there things we don’t know?
· What is unknowable?
2. What do we agree on? What do we disagree on?
3. Is there any way we could together design an experiment or inquiry that might give us new information?
4. Are we starting from two very different sets of assumptions here? Where do they come from?
5. What would have to happen in order for you to consider the alternative?
6. (Ask others in the group) It feels like we’re at an impasse. Anybody got any ideas that might help us clarify our ideas?
Help me understand the assumptions that are underlying our disagreement.
There are no reviews yet.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Your review *
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.