Answer: An Attitude of Oneness.
Your team role is what you do for the team and the team’s customer.
When you carry out your team role with heartfelt Attitude of Oneness, an intentional attitude of working together as one unified team, you positively impact your teammates and you increase the likelihood of satisfying your customers.
2 minute video excerpt from the Teamwork Tune-UP Exercise – “4 Questions to Clarify Roles & Responsibilities.”
IT’s YOUR CHOICE
Your team can produce some value with an attitude of separateness, but you will never achieve your full potential. How could you? Your pulling in separate directions.
It is a choice to choose separateness. Doing so will hurt your team’s performance. You choice sets up:
- destructive competition,
- encourages little or no cooperation,
- reinforces power struggles,
- feeds the feeling of helplessness, and
- justifies finger pointing & blame.
Oneness is your choice, too. Doing so you will help your team to exceed previous performance. Your oneness attitudes will help create:
- nurture healthy competition, and
- empower you and your teammates to take accountability.
The costs and benefits are clear.
Choose an Attitude of Oneness.
Here are Actions you can take Now.
- Read: How to Clarify Teammate Roles Using These Four Questions.
- How to facilitate this exercise: FREE Teamwork Tune-UP: Roles & Responsibilities.
To Your Success, Dan